Rafting in Barron Gorge National Park, located only 20 minutes from the centre of Cairns (40 minutes ex-Port Douglas). It’s known for its rugged rainforest mountains, steep ravines, the mighty Barron Falls and of course, Barron Gorge, which has been carved out over thousands of years by the Barron River.
This is where we do our half day white water rafting tour, on the ebb and flow of the Barron River, as it snakes its way down from the mountains and heads out to the Coral Sea. This is a scenic rafting / rainforest adventure which combines calm water floating with a series of white water rapids for adventure and action.
The Barron River Half Day Tour is a fantastic introduction to White Water Rafting. It’s fun, exciting and exhilarating, suitable for all the family*. Enjoy up to two hours rafting, on up to grade 3 rapids.
*Minimum age to participate is 12 years
Our rafts carry up to seven passengers plus your river guide. No experience necessary.
Let our guides entertain you on this spectacular river, offering guaranteed water levels year round!
We accept Visa Card or MasterCard, E-Way and PayPal.
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 40372700
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover.
Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities.
Please refer to Trade Practices Act 1974
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein.
Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 40372700.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities.
• In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger.
• Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done by contacting our friendly reservations team.